Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Sweet Potato Crescents

Today I wanted to share another recipe.  This is my family's favorite Thanksgiving recipe and it is always requested for family get-togethers.   I came up with this one about 20 years ago and I actually entered it in to a Taste of Home contest and won runners-up! I was awarded a cookie jar and two cookbooks, both which I still use to this day!



Over the years I have tweaked it a bit.  I now use coconut oil instead of the shortening, and at times I have made them with whole wheat flour, although we prefer the taste of white. I have also substituted sucanat or honey instead of the sugar the recipe calls for, with good results. I often use the dough for cinnamon rolls, which make a great Thanksgiving morning breakfast!

Because this recipe is now property of Taste of Home, I can only share the link to the recipe.  As you can see from the description though, it's mine with my former married name.

See the recipe in the link following.  Sweet Potato Crescents

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment