Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 8 & 9 No Wheat/Dairy

Day 8 was probably the worst I have felt since starting my No Wheat/Dairy plan.  Not only has my tummy been giving me fits, I have been sluggish as well.  I am wondering if my issues the last few days have been caused by the mixed nuts I have been eating.  I really should know better, as they are definitely not clean and they are roasted in oil.  So out of our pantry they go.  I have plenty of raw nuts in my pantry, but they just aren't as delicious as the mixed nuts roasted in oil with salt. J

Exercise was just a brisk 30 minute walk with Koda.

Breakfast: 16 oz room temp water with ½ an organic lemon, squeezed, 2 cups coffee

Lunch: 16 oz green shake, 1 handful mixed nuts, (they are now removed from our pantry)

Snack: Homemade popcorn cooked in coconut oil and sea salt

Supper: 6 oz pulled pork loin, salad and potatoes wedges roasted in olive oil, spices and sea salt

2 Cups decaf coffee after supper

7 - 16 oz glasses of water


Day 9 was a better day.  No issues what-so-ever and my energy returned.  I was able to do another 30 minute brisk walk with Koda, a 25 minute weight circuit and 30 minutes of yoga.  Chad and I did go on a date out to supper, but we stuck to Thai food so I did not have to worry about dairy or wheat.


Breakfast: 16 oz room temp water with ½ an organic lemon, squeezed, 2 cups coffee, breakfast rice, (1 cup cooked rice, ½ cup almond milk, raw honey, cinnamon, and raisins)

Snack 1: 1 handful raw almonds,

Snack 2:  Dried mangos, (sugar free), 1 cup decaf coffee

Early Supper:  Date at Thai. For an appetizer I stuck with the fresh rolls which are fresh vegetables in rice paper with a peanut dipping sauce.  This is a healthy alternative to egg rolls.  For my main dish I chose Red Curry which is chicken and vegetables in a coconut curry sauce served with a side of steamed rice.  

Snack 3: Pistachios (dry roasted with sea salt), 1 cup herbal tea with honey

7 - 16 oz glasses of water

Fresh Rolls

We are the people who get to the restaurant at 5:00 and eat with all the senior citizens.  Actually, we had planned lunch which is why I didn't eat lunch, but Chad was delayed at work so we decided on an early supper instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment