Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 7 No Wheat/Dairy and a Juice Recipe

Today’s post covers the 7th day of being wheat and dairy free.  While I noticeably feel better and have lost about 5 pounds I still am occasionally having symptoms of IBS.  I haven’t really put a finger one what causes these flair ups, but perhaps it is too soon to tell.

Day 7 was a good day.  I had a lot energy and was able to not only do all my house work, but take Koda on a 30 minute walk and do 45 minutes of my weight and yoga circuit. While I did not experience any cramping or bloating, I did have other not-so-pleasant symptoms. L My food is below.

Breakfast: 16 oz of room temp water with half an organic lemon, squeezed. 2 cups coffee

Lunch: Leftover Thai noodles, (about 1 cup) carrot sticks

Snack: 1 handful mixed nuts, freshly squeezed juice (recipe below)

Supper:  1 bowl of Chili, 1 serving organic corn chips (gluten free), ½ apple, carrot sticks

Snack 2: 2 cups herbal tea with raw honey

7 - 16 oz glasses of water

I have been juicing for about a year now.  Now that we are on a tighter budget I only do it about 2 times a week as I mostly buy organic fruit and veggies, which are more expensive.  All the waste leftover from juicing is put in my compost pile and will go in my garden this spring.  My typical juice only has 1 apple and ½ a lemon for sweetness.  I have found that is all I need, but if you are new to juicing you may need to add a bit more fruit. Everything is organic except the cucumber and ginger, so I peel those.




Juice Recipe:

1 apple, quartered with core removed
½ a lemon, cut in half
1 large handful of spinach
2 celery sticks, or you can do what I do and save the tops that are cut off the celery
½ cucumber, peeled
1 inch piece of ginger, or more, peeled


Juice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment