Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 6 No Wheat/Dairy and a Recipe for Spicy Thai Noodles with Chicken

Day 6 and I have felt good.  No pain or discomfort and I had plenty of energy for all my running around.  Mondays and Tuesdays are always busy days for me as I don’t do much on the weekends so I’m playing catch up. I also baked bread for Chad and Rem, and I can’t believe how tempting it looks sitting up on the cooling rack.  I will be strong and resist! Unfortunately, my only exercise was one 15 minute walk with Koda.  Hope to get my circuit in tomorrow.

Breakfast: 16 oz room temp water with ½ organic lemon, squeezed, 1 cup coffee

Lunch: Green Shake, 1 handful mixed nuts

Supper:  Thai Noodles, carrots sticks and apple wedges

6 – 16 oz glasses of water

Today I have included a recipe.  I found this on pinterest about a year ago and have made several tweaks to the original recipe. 



 Spicy Thai Noodles with Chicken Recipe:

1 pound chicken, diced
½ tablespoon madras curry powder
½ cup sesame oil + 2 tablespoons
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1/3 cup raw honey
1/3 soy sauce or soy aminos
1 bunch green onions sliced, tops included
3 carrots, shredded
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
½ cup peanuts, chopped
1 pound rice noodles cooked as directed on package, drain

In small bowl mix honey and soy sauce, set aside. In small sauce pan heat ½ cup oil and red pepper flakes on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Strain oil into soy sauce mixture.  Discard the pepper flakes. Mix together and set aside.

Shred carrots and chop green onion, set aside.  Chop cilantro and set separately from the onions and carrots. Chop peanuts and set aside.

In wok heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil until shimmery.  Add chicken and sauté until thoroughly cooked. Sprinkle chicken with the curry powder.  Add onions and carrots and sauté 2 minutes more.  Pour soy, honey and oil mixture over the chicken and veggies.  Mix together and then add the cooked noodles.  Stir fry together for 1-2 minutes making sure all is combined thoroughly.  Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro and peanuts. Serve hot.

The madras curry powder was bought at an Asian store, but I am sure you can find it on Amazon if you do not have an Asian store close by.  It isn't only curry powder but a mix of 11 spices and salt.   





This is one of our favorite dishes!!  You could also substitute beef or shrimp in place of the chicken. Or, add addition veggies for a meatless version!  

2 comments:

  1. Oh I've been craving Thai so much lately in this cold weather. This dish looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my new blog, Alison! I can assure you this dish is one of my family's favorites!

      Delete