Sunday, February 2, 2014

Day 3 No Wheat/Dairy

Since February is a short month I technically started my “no wheat and dairy plan” on January 29th.  So here it is February 1st and I have been into this “plan” for 3 days.  So far it hasn’t been too bad.  I need to make sure I eat regularly so I don’t get so hungry and make bad choices. (Note: do not go shopping after only eating a shake and handful of nuts.  Said shopping trip will be quite hard, especially when all the restaurants in the area fire up their grills for supper.  Lady on her “eating plan” will have a pretty much empty tummy and really want to go into said restaurants for a delightful grilled, cheesy, Panini on fresh focaccia bread. )    I also started and exercise program to help with my severe back pain I have been having lately. (A story I will share another time.)  Because I am now adding exercise I know I am going to be hungrier than I typically am when I only do housework and walk the dog.  My stomach has felt very good the last 3 days; only minor rumblings and trips to the bathroom.  I also have had more energy the last 2 days, but I’m not sure if that is from the diet or the exercise I have now added in.  My food for today is below.  Yes, I realize I should have eaten more, but I slept in and then went shopping so my eating time was limited.  I always begin the day with a half of an organic lemon squeezed into 16 oz of room temperature water.  I follow that by 2 cups coffee and then eat anywhere from 1-3 hours later.  For those of you who knew me in my fitness days I am sure you have heard me preach on the importance of eating breakfast.  Well, I am here to tell you even those who preach it fail.  Sometime for 4 years….

Breakfast: 16 oz room temperature water with ½ organic lemon, squeezed, followed by 2 cups black coffee.

Lunch: 16 oz green shake.  A green shake is a large handful of spinach, 1 banana, 1 cup homemade almond milk, ½ scoop vanilla vegan protein powder blended until smooth.

Snack:  1 handful raw almonds

Supper : Large salad with pecans and dried apples (sugar free) and 6 oz of baked chicken breast.

Snack: 2 cups homemade popcorn, cooked in coconut oil with sea salt and 2 cups herbal tea with honey.

Supper
               
My workout today consisted of about a mile walk with Koda, our dog, followed by 20 minute light weight circuit and 20 minutes of yoga.  This is the second day I have done this and man, I am sore!  For those of you who knew me in my fitness days….yes, things have really changed!

I should have really weighed and measured myself on the 29th.  While I am not doing this “plan” to lose weight, people who have done it assure me I will.  That will be a nice perk, almost worth the no bread and cheese….well, not quite. J  I weigh myself every Monday anyway, so today when I thought of it I weighed again and I have lost 4 pounds since Monday. What a nice surprise!




No comments:

Post a Comment