Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 20 & 21 No Wheat/Dairy

Hello, friends!!  I am coming down the stretch of my 30 day no wheat and dairy challenge.  While I like that these posts help keep me accountable to staying on my plan, I know they are not the most interesting to read.  Starting next month I will still have occasional health posts, but the daily journal will stop.  I still plan to stay wheat and dairy free-ish, but I will not be as strict as I have been this month. I have definitely seen a positive difference in how I feel when wheat and dairy are removed from my diet, but on the other hand, I don't want it to rule my life.  It will be a balancing act for sure.  I have found many great substitutes this month and hopefully will continue to find new ways of making my old favorites in the future. On day 30 I will have a full recap, so stay tuned!  

Tuesday, Day 20

Today was a fairly good day, other than back pain.  My tummy has felt fine.  Exercise today was two 30 minute walks with Koda, (one with Chad, too) and 30 minutes of yoga. The beautiful weather has returned to Virginia, and since the days are longer Chad and I can start walking Koda together in the evening again!

Breakfast: 16 oz glass of water with ½ lemon, squeezed, 2 cups coffee, 1 apple, 1 handful of raw almonds

Lunch: 2 cups Simple Pico De Gallo with corn chips, (yes, I can eat that much pico in one shot, I LOVE it!) 1 cup coffee

Supper: 6 oz pulled pork, salad with dried apple and pecans, green beans sautéed with coconut oil and garlic, carrot sticks

Snack: 1 cup herbal tea with raw honey

7 -16 oz glasses of water

Wednesday, Day 21

Today was another good day as far as my tummy goes.  I had a massage today so my back is feeling quite good tonight, too.  I have found massages are good for helping easing the back pain I experience. Now I just need to find a chiropractor here in Virginia as well. Exercise today was two 30 minute walks with Koda and 45 minutes of yoga before bed.

Breakfast:  16 oz glass of water with ½ lemon, squeezed, 2 cups coffee, 1 green shake, 1 handful of raw almonds

Snack: Carrot sticks, 1 handful of corn chips

Early Supper: Spicy Thai Noodles, 1 clementine

Snack: Homemade gluten free brownie, 1 handful pistachios, 1 cup herbal tea with honey

7 - 16 oz glasses of water

I found a recipe online to make myself a one serving brownie-in-a-cup for those nights I have a sweet tooth.  I substituted coconut oil for the butter and gluten free all purpose flour for the regular flour.  Other than being a bit chalky it was pretty tasty, and took care of my chocolate craving. 


Only 8 more days to go!  Have a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment