Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day 10 & 11 - No Wheat/Dairy

Hello again blog readers.  Here is a recap of my 10th and 11th day of no wheat or dairy. 

Day 10 

To start off I will admit right now that I really need to be better about eating earlier in the day or taking food with me when I go places.  Of course I went shopping after only having had a shake and handful of nuts and it took all of my strength to not go and get a sandwich.  I am not used to getting so hungry in the afternoon!  I’m sure it’s because I am exercising regularly again.  Obviously, it’s been awhile since that has occurred! Ha!  Well, even though I was able to resist the sandwich with bread and cheese, I did indulge in jelly beans again. L  Another reason I should eat more before I shop.  Bad decisions are made on an empty tummy.  They were delicious, but I know I really should try to limit my sugar intake a bit more.  But I can’t cut out everything….this no bread and cheese is hard enough!  On a brighter note, after only 10 days on this plan my jeans are fitting looser.  I actually tried on a smaller size and they fit!  But I did not buy them as I am saving my money for spring clothes, plus I want to make sure the weight loss lasts.  (For those of you who wonder, I sell clothes and household things that we are no longer wearing or using in order to have a little “fun” money for myself.)

Koda and I went on a brisk 30 minute walk and I did 30 minutes of yoga.   I felt good and had no symptoms of IBS.  I had plenty of energy until about 5:30 when I became extremely hungry and exhaustion set in.  My back did bother me quite a bit tonight, but that could possibly be because I shopped 3 hours in addition to my exercise.  Food is below.

Breakfast: 16 oz room temp water with ½ of an organic lemon, squeezed, 2 cups coffee

Lunch: green shake

Snack: handful of almonds

Snack: jelly beans

Supper: 6 oz baked chicken breast, 1 cup asparagus sautéed in coconut oil with garlic and sea salt, 1 apple

Snack: 1 cup herbal tea with raw honey

 7- 16 oz glasses of water

Day 11 

Today was another good day without any symptoms of IBS.  As much as I love wheat and dairy, cutting it out has really made me feel the best I have felt since we moved.  I had plenty of energy today, even with only 5 hours of sleep.  (Adult children tend to give me more sleepless nights than babies ever did.  But this is my own fault for lying in bed worrying thinking.)   Today for exercise I did a 30 minute walk with Koda and Chad, a 30 minute weight circuit, and 30 minutes of yoga.  I’m on a roll with exercise!

Breakfast: 16 oz room temp water with ½ of an organic lemon, squeezed, 1 cup coffee

Lunch: breakfast rice with cinnamon, raw honey, almond milk and raisins, handful of almonds

Snack 1: green shake made with water instead of almond milk (I need to make more)

Snack 2: unsweetened, dried mangos

Supper: Beef and Walnut Stir fry from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook with steamed rice (This is beef, green peppers, asparagus, green beans and garlic sautéed in coconut oil with a sauce of soy aminos or soy sauce and a freshly squeezed orange, sea salt and pepper.) I highly recommend this cookbook!

Snack 3: herbal tea with raw honey

7 – 16 oz glasses of water


 Beef and Walnut Stir Fry

I keep forgetting to mention the vitamins I take.  I have been regularly taking a multi vitamin, B Complex, Magnesium, Biotin, and Omega 3/Fish Oil for several years.  The last few months I have added Turmeric which is supposed to help with inflammation.  I also take a pro-biotic and a digestive enzyme.  All together it is 15 pills a day, but I break it up throughout the day. J  I buy all my vitamins from Vitacost which I highly recommend. Here is a link for $10 off your first order of $30 or more.  The refer-a-friend program is great; refer a friend and not only do they get $10 off, so do you! Happy shopping!


Have a nice day!  

2 comments:

  1. We take almost identical vitamins on a daily basis. That beef and walnut stir fry looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always had such a hard time taking vitamins until I added the digestive enzyme. It has been a real help in preventing the nausea that sometimes comes with taking so many. I also have noticed a great difference in my skin and hair, especially since I added the biotin and fish oil.

      This is our favorite stir fry. Even my picky son loves it, and requests it often. :-) I have found so many great recipes in that cookbook. Thanks for stopping by again!

      Delete